What happened to that wonderful Indian summer???? Never mind, there is still time for it to return.
I hope you have all seen that someone obviously listened to Annette’s complaint regarding parking on the shared pavement along Victoria Way opposite the hotel. A few leaflets cleared a lot of the cars/vans and now they will be installing some bollards to prevent them from returning.
There is still time to sign our petition for a family friendly route from Chobham to Woking. We have over 100 signatures at the moment which means at least Norman can address the council when the meeting is held.
I mentioned before about the Cycle to Work Day which is 13 September. There is still time to sign up and win prizes, Follow this link: www.cycletoworkday.org
Since then we have received another email regarding another cycle to work initiative. I have copied it below:
“because I’m currently involved with a brand new cycling initiative, www.free2cycle.com, and it appears that we have a common interest in encouraging more participation in cycling.
Whilst current cycle to work schemes attract about 2% of the workforce, www.free2cycle.com is targeting the other 98%.
www.free2cycle.com track their cyclists progress and provide their sponsors (employers, charities etc) with a monthly carbon report confirming their carbon savings.
By lowering their carbon emissions, reducing parking and traffic congestion and improving the health of their workforce, sponsors (employers,charities etc) are rewarded with an extremely positive cost benefit ratio.
If our initiative seems of interest, it would be wonderful if you could share our details with your members
Perhaps you or your members could qualify for a free bike?
Our all day ride this year will be 1 October. This year we will be going to Denbies near Dorking for lunch via Polsdon Lacey and then back via Leatherhead and hopefully even find the Chatley Heath Semaphone Tower. We will meet at 10:00 at our usual place near the children’s playground in Woking Park. The ride will be about 35/40 miles with a few hills to add interest. If you are joining us will you please be sure to have a spare inner tube for your bike with you.
I am delighted to say that Sandra has taken up the challenge and will be leading the ride this month. That is Sunday 17 Sept leaving from our usual meeting place near the children’s play ground in Woking Park at 2PM. Once again, if you are joining us will you please be sure to have a spare inner tube for your bike with you.
Pub night is 26 Sept. at the Sovereigns on Guildford Road, Woking.